Building the Ambition: Putting Theory into Practice
The Care Inspectorate expect you, as a childminder, to be able to demonstrate at inspection how you are using the resource to develop your practice and enhance outcomes for children.
This course aims to give childminders the support needed to:
- Understand and use the ‘Building the Ambition’ resource.
- Develop and improve your service through self-reflection and practice change.
Key learning during this course includes understanding and explaining:
- Building the Ambition, how this is relevant for childminders and how to use it as guidance to inform practice.
- The definition of Early Learning and Childcare within Building the Ambition.
- How to ensure children’s needs are met at points of transition.
- Play and learning.
- How to apply Building the Ambition into a childminding practice.
- Support documents to use to demonstrate the use of Building the Ambition in a childminding practice.
When you have completed this course, your core knowledge and understanding will include:
- Building the Ambition.
- Pre-Birth to Three and child development.
- United Nations Convention Rights of the Child.
- Curriculum for Excellence.
- Getting it Right for Every Child.
- National Health and Social Care Standards.
- Scottish Government Blueprint Quality Action Plan 2020.
Training Provider Overview
We help childminders build on their Continuous Professional Learning. This includes interactive learning courses, e-Learning courses and access to webinars, network meetings, conferences and complimentary courses Taking part in these opportunities enables childminders to take responsibility for both their professional development and that of their childminding service – focusing on children, to help them achieve their full potential. We actively encourage childminders to take the opportunity to build on their knowledge, skills and professional growth throughout their career. SCMA is proud to be a SQA Approved Centre, which means that in addition to providing our own, bespoke learning opportunities, the Learn with SCMA team can also deliver SQA qualifications. The SQA qualification that we currently deliver is the Complete Childminding Learning Pathway - a Work Based Award, which is credit rated at Level 7 on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
Training Provider Contact Details
Provider Name: Scottish Childminding Association
Contact Name: Learn with SCMA
Telephone: 01786 445377
SCMA are commited to ensuring that on-going quality improvement is an integral part of our organisation. The Learn with SCMA team aims for continuous improvement in the quality of all aspects of its work as part of its determination to help Learners achieve the highest possible standards.
Our Quality Assurance Policy is in place to ensure such continuous improvement through a process of self-evaluation and action planning. The Quality Assurance Policy and associated procedures involves all employees, Learners and collaborative partners such as the Care Inspectorate (CI), Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and Skills Development Scotland (SDS). The quality assurance policy is managed through the existing organisational structure. The quality assurance procedures are founded in a process of regular self-evaluation by teams and internal and external audits and observations, in addition to Learner feedback and local training needs.