Toddler Play and Learning
This is a 2.5-hour session focussing on what Toddlers need from their environments, experiences and interactions.
It might look like just play, but when playing, toddlers are hard at work growing and developing and learning important skills, knowledge and understanding!
- Develop our understanding of the sequence of early child development and some of the expected behaviours of the toddler stage.
- Recognise the different types of schematic play and how to use these effectively.
- Explore the key features of high-quality learning environments and adult interactions to support toddlers.
Please refer to our website for client testimonials on the impact of participation in our Learning and Development sessions.
Training Provider Overview
Care and Learning Alliance, known as CALA have over 25 years’ experience of developing and delivering training and quality assurance as the largest third sector childcare organisation in Highland and Moray. Our course content and delivery include interactive and collaborative strategies to meet all learning styles. All CALA course contribute to Continuous Professional Development and participation certificates are provided.
We have a comprehensive suite of 2 day, full or half day courses to choose from.
Through discussion, we can also create bespoke learning and development days or packages to meet your needs – whether face-to-face or via e-learning.
CALA employs a small team of experienced trainers who work closely with members, providers and local authority colleagues and input to a range of local and national working groups to bring current and relevant learning and development opportunities for ELC practitioners and others working with and for children and families. (E.g. out of school care staff, children’s services workers, childminders, volunteers, parents/carers, health visitors, teachers, youth workers, foster carers.)
A key aim of our work is to increase learner’s knowledge, confidence and engagement in reflective practice to support high-quality provision for children and families and continuous improvement.
Training Provider Contact Details
Provider Name: Care and Learning Alliance (CALA)
Telephone: 01463 22569
CALA have developed and established termly Quality Assurance across our organisation through robust and systematic monitoring and self-evaluation, which is overseen by key members from the Senior Management Team and the Improvement Coordinator.
CALA Training Quality Assurance methods ensure:
- All training materials and course content meet appropriate standards
- Monitoring of all training delivery and training environments meet appropriate standards
- The effectiveness of training is monitored, evaluated and client information used to influence in the planning of training and improvement.