Learning Provocateurs – Enriching Play for Under 3s
These three day courses are designed to involve you in an exciting and dynamic learning opportunity that gives you the best training experience. No matter if you have been training for a while, like sharing new ideas and knowledge or have never delivered training previously, our courses will show you how to become a facilitator of learning.
Day One – Planning and responding to Under 3s Play
- Consider the needs that are shared by babies, toddlers and young children, as well as being alert to real differences between the youngest and the eldest within the years of childhood.
- Highlight the importance of care for our youngest children, their sense of emotional being and nurturing environment.
- Explore developmentally appropriate expectations for our youngest children.
- Investigate a number of ways to plan for play and engagement, to record the learning and consider the next steps.
Day Two – Babbling Babies and Talking Toddlers
- To explore contingent talk and what it looks like in practice.
- To identify strategies for encouraging children to talk about their engagement, what they are doing, why they are doing and how they are doing.
- To explore ideas to develop attention, concentration and active listening.
- To highlight the need for adults to enable, support and extend conversation.
Day Three - Experiential Learning
- Characteristics of trainers
- Structuring a session
- Delivery techniques
- Engage and motivate learners
- Communicate, questioning and sharing knowledge
- Effective visual aids
- This three day course will be held at our training centre in Glasgow, Unit S12, Flemington House, 110 Flemington Street, Glasgow, G21 4BF
Training Provider Overview
We have been delivering training to those working in the early learning and childcare sector for over 15 years now. We offer a variety of CPD courses held at our training centre in Glasgow and in-service training delivered to whole staff teams across the globe.
We are an approved SQA centre and currently offer the Social Services (Children and Young People) qualification at SCQF Levels 6 and 7.
Our courses are delivered using a wide variety of engagement strategies. Within each course we make sure to provide an appropriate balance between practical workshops, research seminars and professional dialogue.
All of our courses are up to date, ‘provocative’ and guaranteed to effect change within staff and practice. They will support your staff in developing an awareness of new methods and research, enabling them to evaluate current legislation and reflect on their own provision.
We also offer our new online based training resources – Adventures with Alice.
If you are interested in booking a place on any of our courses or would like to find out more about Adventures with Alice please call the office on 0141 557 3304 to speak to one of our team.
Training Provider Contact Details
Quality is very important to us at Experiential Play, we evaluate all of our training courses to ensure we are meeting the expectations of delegates and take on board suggestions for improvements. We hold monthly staff meetings to discuss changes and improvements to our training and teaching programmes, ensuring input from all team members. We hold two staff development days per year to review our qualification teaching programmes, ensuring that we are covering topics which are up to date and relevant.
As an approved SQA centre there are systems and procedures we need to follow. We are subject to annual EV visits from SQA and all subsequent reports have been green with several areas of good practice highlighted.
We are also approved to deliver Modern Apprenticeships for Skills Development Scotland and as part of this contract we are required to complete an annual self-assessment looking all areas of our teaching programme including quality. Again, feedback is always positive with no areas of improvement recommended. SDS also speak to and visit candidates to evaluate their experiences and gain feedback which is passed on to us.
Carol Scott, our Head of Centre, is the point of contact for any complaints or suggestions anyone attending any of our training courses may have.