Team Leader/Senior Staff Child Protection
This course is aimed at Team Leaders and senior staff who work directly with staff in helping you understand your role in reporting to your Designated Child Protection Officer any concerns raised by staff following your own Child Protection Policy and procedures.
Delivered by experienced professionals, you will develop awareness and understanding in supporting child protection concerns raised within your team following their organisation Child Protection Policy and Procedures underpinned by the values and principles of the GIRFEC (Getting it Right for Every Child) approach.
You will learn how to:
- Describe the role of senior staff and state key areas of responsibility within organisation Child Protection policy for supporting children and young people who may be in need of protection
- Decide what steps need to be taken to ensure the safety and welfare of those your staff has contact with.
- Make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of concerns about a child or young person using organisation Child Protection Policy, including concerns regarding staff
- State the potential blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to overcome these and demonstrate how values and attitudes can affect our responses.
- State what will happen following a referral to the relevant investigating agencies and what further role you and your team and DCPO might have including the emotional support of the team.
- Explain the principles of recording on organisations system, the importance of sharing of information including that of confidentiality and storage of records
Choose your learning style
This training is available for individuals or commissioned either face-to-face or as a live virtual session which can be tailored to your organisation's specific needs and delivered for groups of up to 18 people.
Both options are taught by experts and feature the latest legislation, guidance and best practice. So you can choose to learn on location in a dedicated learning space or from the comfort of your own home or office.
Benefits of the course
- further understanding of your role as a Team Leader/senior member of staff.
- Choose your training style: live virtual sessions on Zoom with an expert trainer or face-to-face on location.
- Material specific to Scotland.
- Incorporates Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) approach.
- Personalised certificate of achievement.
- Take away resources to help you protect the children you work or volunteer with.