Trustee Child Protection Training
Are you a charity trustee and want to better understand your role in protecting anyone who comes into contact with your charity?
As the UK’s experts on child protection this course will help you to understand your duties in protecting your beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and visitors enabling you to have a better understanding of child protection and processes and relate these to your role and responsibilities underpinned by the values and principles of the GIRFEC (Getting it Right for Every Child) approach.
Delivered by experienced professionals, you will learn how to:
- Identify what is meant by child protection and child abuse
- Identify the relevant legislation and guidance that provides the framework for protection of children and young people in Scotland underpinned by the National Practice Model and GIRFEC approach.
- State how to create a safe and trusted culture and organisations environment
- Understand how to work with, support and challenge your management team to ensure your charity is operating according to god child protection principles and practice.
Choose your learning style
This training is available for commissioned groups either face-to-face or as a live virtual session which can be tailored to your organisation's specific needs and delivered for groups of up to 18 people.
Benefits of the course
- further understanding of your role as a Trustee.
- Choose your training style: live virtual sessions on Zoom with an expert trainer or face-to-face on location.
- Material specific to Scotland.
- Incorporates Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) approach.
- Personalised certificate of achievement.
- Take away resources to help you protect the children you work or volunteer with.