Bringing Picture Books to Life
This training session combines practical activities with best-practice academic research to support practitioners to bring picture books to life with children aged 3 to 5 years old.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Boost practitioner confidence with sharing picture books with groups of children
- Improve understanding of how to use the voice to engage parents and children
- Help practitioners consider different kinds of picture books and how these impact on various aspects of a child's language and literacy development
- Encourage practitioners to extend or embellish familiar stories
- Explain the difference between storytelling and reading aloud
Delegates must be both:
- working with groups of children aged 3-5 years
- wanting to develop the way they read aloud with children
Course Length: 3 hours
Delegate Numbers: 12 to 20 people
Attending or Arranging a Training Session:
Visit www.scottishbooktrust.com/bookbug-training or contact 0131 541 2342
Training Provider Overview
Scottish Book Trust is a national charity that believes books, reading and writing have the power to change lives. From introducing books and storytelling to pre-school children to inspiring and empowering adult readers and writers, we believe it’s never too early – or too late – to begin a magical journey with words.
We deliver a range of programmes across Scotland including Bookbug, Read, Write, Count, the First Minister’s Reading Challenge, Live Literature and Book Week Scotland to create and nurture a lifelong love of reading and writing.
Scottish Book Trust provides high-quality Bookbug CPL courses to support professionals to ensure that stories, songs and rhymes are part of every baby and young child’s life. Each course is evidence-informed and links to current early years policy and initiatives. Our training is a blend of theory, research and policy with practical activities and group discussions. All our courses are delivered with a fun and relaxed approach and include resources to support the key messages of training.
To view all our training courses or to register your interest in a particular course, please visit:
Training Provider Contact Details
Our Bookbug training courses are evidence informed. We constantly review the content of our training to ensure that the activities, examples and information are up to date. We monitor our courses for quality through delegate evaluation forms. If you have any questions, or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org