Out of School Care bespoke tailored training
SOSCN has written and delivers a number of training sessions all of which have been created to meet the specific needs of the out of school care sector. Training sessions are be delivered locally.
We are able to provide bespoke training tailored to the needs of individual services or groups of services. Our bespoke training sessions have covered a variety of topics including "Play and Risk in OSC", "Responsibilities and duties in OSC", "Improving Play Practice", “Business and financial planning for out of school care”, “management, supervision and appraisal”, “consulting children in out of school care”, “planning and using space for out of school care”, amongst others. If you would like training on a topic which is not covered in our training sessions, why not contact us to discuss your needs?
Training Provider Overview
The Scottish Out of School Care Network is the national charity supporting the development of high quality out of school care in Scotland.
We currently (December 2018) offer:
- Free physical activity and wellbeing training across Scotland, we are currently providing training for trainers for CALA staff to help deliver this in the Highlands
- Free STEM training with only a few places left on the course starting January 2019 in partnership with West college Scotland at their Paisley Campus.
- Purchasable training across Scotland on:
- Resilience and adverse childhood experiences – introduction, including film screening, with a low charge to cover costs only.
- Mentoring training for quality improvement (usually member services undertaking Achieving Quality Scotland, our quality assurance resource for out of school care).
- Bespoke training tailored to out of school care service needs and requests.
For example: Business and financial planning for out of school care, management, supervision and appraisal, consulting children in out of school care, planning and using space for out of school care.
There is a training section on our website with instructions on how to book or request training.
Training Provider Contact Details
We always ask for user evaluation including how they will use the new skills learned in their practice. For the STEM training we also ask children to evaluate the activities on offer and the difference it makes to their knowledge and skills.
Feedback on all of our training is consistently high.